- Privacy Act 1988 (Australia)
- Data Protection Act 1998 (United Kingdom)
- Privacy Act of 1974 (United States)
- Privacy Act 1985 (Canada)
1. Important Information
1.2 Contact Us
2. Information We Collect
You are free to explore our websites without providing any personal information. When you register for our services, we request that you provide personal information about yourself and note that we collect navigational information.
2.1 Personal Information
We may collect your personal data depending on how you are interacting with us. This includes:
- User names, email addresses, phone number and addresses. We may combine this with publicly available information (such as social media sites);
- Information you submit through one of our forms;
- Chat transcripts between users and captioners;
- Web page and email activity. This includes our web pages you have visited and which emails you have opened and clicked; and
- Video content and metadata, to the extent they contain personal data.
2.2 Navigational Information
Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to our websites such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, duration of visit and pages viewed.
We use “cookies” or similar technologies to administer our websites, analyze trends, track users’ movements as you navigate around our websites, retarget ads to people who have visited our website and to gather demographic and general information about our user base.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify the settings in your browser to decline cookies if you prefer. If you do choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our websites or the pages you visit. By tracking the websites and pages you visit, we are able to understand the most popular or most used areas of our websites. This data is then used to deliver tailored content to users.
2.2.2 Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
We employ a software technology called clear gifs, sometimes referred to as Web Beacons or Web Bugs. This technology helps us better manage our websites by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the interest in the content of our communications. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our customers’ personal information, and you may opt-out of these emails at any time by sending an email to info at ai-media.tv.
2.3 Information About Children
3. How We Use Information We Collect
3.1 We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
3.2 Use of Personal Information
Personal information collected by Ai-Media may be disclosed to third party contractors and we will take steps to ensure that those contractors are required to keep such information confidential, and are authorized only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by Ai-Media, or to provide services to you. We use speech-to-text data anonymously for training and improving internal quality systems.
However, if you do not wish us to provide personal information to such third parties, you may contact Ai-Media at any time by sending an email to info at ai-media.tv requesting that no such personal information be provided. However, depending on Ai-Media’s relationship with the relevant third party, such a request may have an adverse impact on our ability to perform services to you.
3.3 Security of Your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you provide.
4. Opting Out and Unsubscribing
4.1 Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
Upon request, Ai-Media will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
4.2 Unsubscribing From Communications
Ai-Media may use your personal information to market products and services to you or to inform you of any special offers, discounts or other information which are considered to be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive future marketing, promotional or sales material from Ai-Media, you may use the unsubscribe link provided in contact information, or you may contact Ai-Media at any time by sending an email to info at ai-media.tv with the subject “Unsubscribe”. Ai-Media will, as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request, remove your contact details from its marketing database.
5.0 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We have your explicit consent; or
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request.
Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights available to you in respect of your personal data
- to obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed);
- to erase your personal data;
- to restrict processing of your personal data if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, or your personal information is inaccurate;
- to receive the personal information as data in machine-readable format when we justify our processing on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (where that processing is based on your consent); and
- to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal data is transferred to a third country or international organization.
- to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
In relation to all of these rights, please contact Ai-Media’s Data Protection Officer, Sue Sanossian via email@example.com. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, especially if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
To learn more about your rights under GDPR, check out the European Commission’s page at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en