Senior Oracle Developer
At Ai-Media, we open content. From captioning live television for our broadcast customers, to captioning university lectures and school classrooms, we make content accessible for people all over the world who would otherwise be excluded. Technology is at the heart of our business, and we are known for creating ground-breaking and innovative products that are used to provide access to a wide range of markets, including live captioning on TV and in educational, corporate and government settings.
We are developing a global platform that will enable people from anywhere in the world to contribute to making the world a more open and accessible place. In order to achieve this, we are looking for an Oracle Developer that wants to join our journey and contribute to our mission of, “Global impact, one word at a time”. Joining Ai-Media’s technology team means you will be working at the heart of what we do, building products that change people’s lives on a daily basis.
Based from our brand new headquarters in North Sydney, you will assist with all elements of the technical build working closely with the Software Development team to ensure the efficient use of resources around key features and priorities. You will also work closely with all departments within Ai-Media to obtain feedback on features from the customers’ perspective.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with Oracle and .Net web application technologies
- Develop products that have a positive social impact
- Design and develop database based solutions for web and mobile applications
- Provide support our various business operation systems
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders and in-house and off-shore development teams
- Work in an Agile development environment
In order to succeed in this role you should have experience with most of the following experience:
- 7+ years’ experience primarily as an Oracle Developer building PL/SQL based applications
- Experience in production support roles is essential
- Experience with other development technologies is essential. E.g. .Net (preferred) or Java
- Experience with solution architecture and design
- Some DBA experience or exposure to DBA activities is highly desirable. Managing and maintaining development environments as a minimum
- A good understanding of RDBMS design and data modelling principals
- Good Business and Systems requirements gathering and analysis skills and the ability to translate them into robust database designs
- Good SQL report development skills
- Experience developing interfaces to external systems.
- Exposure to the configuration and integration of workflow software such as Jira Core and groovy scripting.
- Familiarity with Agile SDLC processes, subversion source control, change management methodologies.
- Exposure to database and application based auditing desirable
This position requires an ability to work with people in all departments to seek new solutions and guide products from conception through to launch and distribution.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com