Date of Last Revision: 11 October 2018
We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that we comply with the provisions of the relevant legislation regarding in the jurisdictions that we operate in to the extent that they apply to us, including the:
- Privacy Act 1988 (Australia)
- Data Protection Act 1998 (United Kingdom) and General Data Protection Regulation (EU)
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada)
Generally, you have no obligation to provide to us any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested personal information, we may not be able to do provide you with the products and services requested or allow you to participate in the marketing activities that depend on the collection of that information.
1. Important Information
1.2 Contact Us
- Australia: Level 1, 103 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060
- USA: Ai-Media Inc, 160 Swiss Ave, San Francisco, CA 94131
- Canada: 545 King Street West, Toronto ON M5V 1M1
We set out at section 11 the contact details for our UK office, for residents of the European Union.
2. What type of Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information
Generally, personal information is information or an opinion about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we collect from you depend on the circumstances in which the information is collected.
We may collect details including your name, address, email address, location of country, phone numbers and your date of birth / age. We may also collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with us.
We may collect the following personal information:
- User names and contact details including name, email addresses, phone number and addresses, date of birth/age. We may combine this with publicly available information (such as social media sites);
- Collect questions and answers that you provide, and other information, in your dealings with us including when emailing, telephoning or on chat transcripts between users and captioners;
- Web page and email activity (including information about our web pages you have visited and which emails you have opened and clicked); and
- Audio content, video content and metadata, to the extent they contain personal data.
If you apply for employment with us, we may also collect information for the purpose of considering your application including your qualifications and resume as well as reference information from your nominated referees.
If you are an individual contractor to us, we may also collect information relevant to your engagement with us including qualifications, work history, resume, reference information from your nominated referees, bank details, feedback from supervisors and training records.
We do not generally require you to disclose any sensitive information (e.g. details of race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of a trade union) to us. If you do provide us with sensitive information for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information and using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the relevant law.
In addition to the types of personal information identified above, we may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
2.2 Navigational Information
Navigational information refers to information about your computer, mobile phone and your visits to our websites and applications such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, duration of visit and pages viewed. Some of this information may be considered personal information.
We use “cookies” or similar technologies to administer our websites, analyze trends, track users’ movements as you navigate around our websites, retarget ads to people who have visited our website and to gather demographic and general information about our user base.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify the settings in your browser to decline cookies if you prefer. If you do choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our websites or the pages you visit. By tracking the websites and pages you visit, we are able to understand the most popular or most used areas of our websites. This data is then used to deliver tailored content to users.
2.4 Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
We employ a software technology called clear gifs, sometimes referred to as Web Beacons or Web Bugs. This technology helps us better manage our websites by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive or mobile, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the interest in the content of our communications. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our customers’ personal information, and you may opt-out of these emails at any time by sending an email to info at ai-media.tv.
2.5 Visible Classroom Application
The Visible Classroom Application may collect certain information from your mobile phone automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the App. The Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile phone device.
3. How do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information in a number of ways. The most common ways we collect your personal information are:
- directly from you when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors;
- via our websites, Visible Classroom Application, or when you deal with us online (including through our social media pages);
- from publicly available sources (such as your personal data published on your company or organisation’s websites); and
- from third parties (for example, from referees if you apply for a position as an employee or contractor with us).
4. For what purposes do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
The purposes for which we use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collect it. We may use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; or
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
In general, we collect, use and disclose your personal information